Friday, May 15, 2009

June Conferences

The VISIONS committee is continuing in their efforts to plan the June 10th conference at the Northumberland Community Center.  The focus of this conference will be building community assets to reduce poverty in Northumberland and Lancaster counties in the Northern Neck of Virginia.  Committee members are inviting some key community leaders and concerned citizens to participate in this first event of the duPont planning grant.  Since I will need to get letters of confirmation out to participants later this month, I'm encouraging committee members to make those phone calls and let me know who will be attending.  Just let me know at the email visions@lancasterlibrary.org

In the broader news, a very timely announcement was made by Governor Kaine last week.  My thanks to Bill Pennell for alerting us all to this and to the Governor's Housing Forum on June 8th, 9:30-11:30 am, at the Fairfax Government Center in Fairfax, VA.  You'll find a link to the Governor's press release below.  If any committee members attend the Housing Forum,  I hope you'll forward information to me for posting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment